Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stuck in Denver

We came up to Denver for Thanksgiving to visit Brody's brother. All of his dad's sons were up here and got to hang out together. Josh, Brody and Charles. I'm sure they've had a good time. Thanksgiving was fun. We had four adults, three teenagers and five dogs in one small house. We played lots of Wii (I went from 68 to 26 on the Wii fitness age in one day - go me) and Guitar Hero and the boys watched a lot of Battlestar Gallactica.

I, of course, am reminded of how I'm pregnant every day. Crying for no reason (hadn't done that in a while, so I thought I was over that prego symptom), and pounding headaches that I can't take anything for (except Tylenol, which does absolutely nothing for me). I just want to go home to my bed, but the weather has stated otherwise. It was supposed to be bad weather on the way up and good weather on the way home. Silly Mother Nature and her lovely way of proving all weathermen wrong. It was the opposite - great weather on the way up and horrible weather the day we are supposed to be packing up and heading home. Blizzards and closed roads are forcing us to stick around a bit longer.

On the bad side, besides not being able to just be home again, neither of us will be working tomorrow or doing the things that we need to and there is a chance I won't get to see my sister and her husband one last time before their baby comes. On a good note, it's fun to visit Brody's family and see the beautiful snow and watch the dogs playing together inside and outside in the snow. I should put up some pictures from our trip, but it's time for breakfast and a heating pad on my hurting head.

Oh, and I love food. It just stinks that I get full after four bites. Haha.

6 comments:

Sharlet said...

Sorry about the blizzard.
On a side note though, I want pictures. I still can't imagine you pregnant. We need some hard core evidence.
I actually love big pregnant bellies(other than when I am the one with it), especially on friends of mine that I haven't seen with one.

The land of Vegas said...

Hey, It is a good thing you have a computer to keep in contact of you would go crazy. I love the woo woot. That is funny. Miss you.

tiffunny said...

Sorry you got stuck up there. The downfalls of going somewhere with snow I guess. Hope you get home to your own bed soon!!!

GordonandChrissy said...

I'm so glad you're starting to have some "feel better" days. I know I was the same way as your sister ... once the 2nd trimester came I had much more energy and felt really great. And I am still feeling really good now. :) I hope you get to feeling better very soon! We need some pregnant pictures of you! I'm sure you're adorable!

GordonandChrissy said...

I'm so glad you're starting to have some "feel better" days. I know I was the same way as your sister ... once the 2nd trimester came I had much more energy and felt really great. And I am still feeling really good now. :) I hope you get to feeling better very soon! We need some pregnant pictures of you! I'm sure you're adorable!

tiffunny said...

Look - your baby lost it's tail!!! :)