Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday and Husbands

In honor of my 30th birthday, I have decided to fill out this survey I saw a while ago on some other blogs. It's about husbands and I really love mine. He is my best friend and I am pretty much the luckiest person alive to have him in my life.

Love you, Brody!

1. Where did you meet your husband? In Las Vegas at his house. We met through one of my most awesomest home teachers, David Carter. David was moving and I went over to help him and ended up staying to hang out with my new, mysterious friend, Brody. I ended up finding reasons to go to his house a lot. David was nice enough to leave me there and not say anything about me not actually helping him. He's such a good friend.

2. How long did you date before you married? That's a funny story... Here's the short version: We dated for about 2-3 months at the end of '05 before he just completely stopped talking to me (Jan '09) and left me totally and utterly confused for almost two years before I got up the courage to send him a short "hi" message on facebook (where I just happened to stumble upon him in Sept or Oct 07). I didn't actually send him a message until the beginning of December and it took the encouragement (threat) from my upstairs neighbor, Spencer, to do it. Two months and seven days after we saw each other for the second first time (after lots of texting during the days and seeing other in the evenings), I had some huge rocks on my fingers (Feb 9, 2008) and we got married on Slurpee Day this year!

3. How long have you been married? According to my newest little widget, 4 months, 1 week and 1 day!

4. What does he do that surprises you? Sometimes he buys me expensive things he thinks I need to have; they are usually something I have wanted but decided to not get on account of saving money. Like an ipod. Sometimes surprise gifts aren't too expensive, but they are always very thoughtful. And sometimes he surprises me by scaring me - he thinks it's funny. Other than that, most little things he does or says surprises me cuz he usually does the opposite of what I think he's gonna do. That will keep our marriage from getting boring - for sure!

5. What is his favorite feature? His cute smile and his eyes. I just love his skin. It is always so soft. And the fact that he is my personal heater in the winter (summer was hard). He's also tall. I love that. I really love his sense of humor.

6. What is his favorite quality? I really love his sense of humor and the way he was a born provider. He is a hard worker and will always take care of me and our future kids. I will always appreciate that. Plus, he lets me pay the bills.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? Toots, pookie, dear, honey. Whatever he's in the mood for. A cute name usually comes around 5 or 6 in the morning in his good morning text. I usually call him dear or honey. (I think he's so cute.) If he is getting after me for something, he calls me Jennifer Lyn...

8. What is his favorite food? "It really does vary." That's what he says. But he loves a good steak (yay Capital Grille) and potatoes. And he loves cookie dough. Audrey should come visit and make some (hint hint).

9. What is his favorite sport? College basketball. He LOVES UNLV. I by "loves" I mean "is obsessed with and will always be a die hard fan and supporter." He also enjoys football.

10. When & where was your first kiss? Cuddling on the couch at his house. I've never been forward with guys, but I had to be with him. Guess I just wanted to kiss him way bad! This was the first time we dated. Our next first kiss was the night I went to his house to see him for the first "second" time. Haha. This time he was the one who kissed me and it was as I was leaving. I sure was glad.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Are there any kids reading this? Haha. Moving on... We also like to go shopping and out to eat. We've had to cut back a lot cuz both of us are good at spending too much money. We also like our TV shows and movies. I think I like cuddling more than he does - makes sense, I'm the girl.

12. Do you have any children? It's just a little blob right now inside of me, but come next June, we'll have a baby!

13. Does he have any hidden talents? Pretty much all of his talents are hidden because he doesn't like a lot of attention. He can sing really well and sometimes he'll sing in the shower. He does a great impression of Neil Diamond. :o) He is able to remember little bits of information he read or heard that most people wouldn't even consider trying to remember. It's crazy! He manages to forget lots of things I think he should remember like conversations or promises, but he can remember that a blue whale ejaculates four gallons of semen at one time. (I am looking for an opportunity to share that fact in a conversation - awkward!) He is an amazing cook and can mess up the kitchen in a matter of minutes! But that one really isn't a hidden talent. Thankfully, he shares that one. He also has the innate ability to say things that you wouldn't normally say in a certain situation. Most of the time it's such a crazy thing to say, it's funny. When I went to his house to see him after not seeing him for almost two years, we said our hellos, sat down on the couch and put our arms around each other. We sat there for a minute and being the romantic he is, he said, "Did you miss me?" I immediately said "yes" without thinking about it because I had definitely missed him, but looking back on it, I think it's quite hilarious. What a question.

14. How old is he? He just turned 32, older than me by 2 years. Just perfect, if you ask me.

15. Who said I love you first? He tried to say it first, but those three words didn't come out in a sentence by itself in that order. He had pretty much told me in a couple of text messages that he loved me and had fallen in love with me, but when he finally got up the courage to say it, it happened like this: We were cuddling and probably just talking about whatever. He said, "Have I told you that I love you?" A million things raced through my mind in a matter of seconds. "In text messages he has. Wait, he threw me off by phrasing it as a question. So, do I say yes or do I say no cuz he has, but not out loud. Um..." What finally came out was something in the negative form, like "No" or "Uh-uh" or "I don't think so" or something like that. I think the last one, but I'm not sure. He replied with, "Well, I do." So I said, "I love you too." I told him that he threw me off by phrasing that as a question because I couldn't use the comeback I had planned on using. Some of you might get it and some of you won't, but I decided that the first time he said, "I love you" to me, I would look him right in the eye and say, "DO you?" The next day "I love you" came out of his mouth, just like that. :o) Later that day he reminded me that he had told me he loved me in text messages. I agreed and let him know those remarks didn't slip by me at all, but I answered no cuz he hadn't said it out loud. I think he was a little scared to say it in the first place. I married a man who, just a couple of years ago, would never have believed he was going to get married and have kids. I'm sure glad he changed his mind.

16. What is his favorite music? He loves listening to talk radio, but he loves 80's music, 80's & 90's alternative and rap. Loves rap.

17. What do you admire most about him? Sometimes the things I admire about him are the things that irritate me. Like his innate ability to know how I feel about something or how I feel emotionally or physically. He pretty much has me figured out and almost knows me almost better than I do. He says I can't hide anything from him. So that can be irritating, but can also be to his advantage. I admire his ability to do what he has to do (like work and take care of me and the dogs) even though he has an extremely bad back that will never improve until he has back surgery. He has a good heart and wants to do nice things for people all the time (unless you cross him, then you have to watch out cuz he can be very vindictive).

18. What is his favorite color? I would say red because he is obsessed with UNLV. Also, he knows he looks good in red and has a lot of red clothes. But he says he doesn't have a favorite color. It all depends on what he's doing. Is he dressing for a UNLV game or getting ready for church? He likes bright colors and pastels when it comes to clothes and ties and shoes. He's very colorful.

19. Will he read this? I never give him the chance to find my posts on his own. I end up telling him I updated it and he should read it. If they're too long, it takes him a couple of days. Haha.

20. Who do you tag? Everyone - it's a fun way to get to know people.

4 comments:

Addie-buggie said...

Oh what a good guy you have! you two are too cute! Hang in there on the prego symps! It gets better then it gets ummmmm, no details you'll be fine! luv ya!

tiffunny said...

Fun to read - very informative! Even though it's almost 2 in the morning, i read every word!

Unknown said...

That was so much fun to read! I love getting to know others better. Someday when I have a husband I will post about him so my friends can get to know him better.

Lacie said...

I found your blog from laras, I am soooo glad to know that i am not the only one out there that talks about my kids all day every day. They are just so dang cute! Yours are adorable!