Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baby Blob - Only one!

Wanna see our baby? It's just a blob, but a baby nonetheless! Here is our baby's first picture...



Brody's reaction to the doctor saying, "Good news. There's only one baby.": Fists in the air and triumphantly saying, "YES!" All the while with a huge smile on his face. What a cute daddy.

We got to see the little heart beating and hear the quick thumps. It's amazing that something this tiny can make me so tired and hormonal! It more real now cuz it seemed I was always telling myself in between mood swings and sore boobs that I am really pregnant. It was almost like I was convincing myself that it was true. Now we have a picture to prove it.

Brody had the day off so he got to come to the appointment with me. I got my official due date, which was exactly when I thought it was. June 25, 2009. So I punched my wonderful husband and told him to stop wishing me pregnant until the end of July. I'm 8 weeks along on Thursday and have my next appointment scheduled for December 10. We even got an estimate on how much our baby will cost for the doctor visits. The little sucker is already costing us money. But that's okay. We'll be glad for the new addition to our family.

8 comments:

Aaron and Melissa said...

Very cool!!! I miss being pregnant! Enjoy it... you will actually miss it when it's over! Cherish each picture and each movement and each feeling. And lucky for you there is only 1 :)

Eliza said...

Congrats! Audrey told us...so exciting!!

Sharlet said...

Congrats. We are happy for you. Pregnancy isn't too fun, but exciting and well worth it. Being a mom is great.

The land of Vegas said...

What do you mean cost? It should be free if you go in plan. Now you got me worried. And your little guy looks gust like the wiget you have to the side. It is kind of funny.

Lara said...

Jen, I love the first baby pictures! It is SO exciting huh! Neil and I are doing good, you and I need to get together soon! Call me!

tiffunny said...

Gotta agree with Land of Vegas. When you showed me the pics, I couldn't help but say how it looked exactly like your widget. I guess that means its perfectly developing! Can't wait to see what the final product looks like!!!

Ryan and Katie said...

that sucks that you guys have to pay for doctor visits, come to Canada and get it for free... actually it's even free-er in England go there! hehe

GordonandChrissy said...

Congratulations! I haven't been very good at checking blogs in a long time, so I didn't know until now. I'm so excited for you! It's so great, and so exciting once they start moving around inside, such an amazing feeling. :)