Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pregnancy Symptoms and Good Books

One of the best pregnancy symptoms I have experienced so far is sudden mood swings, which includes crying for no reason. Of course, the first sentence of my post was total sarcasm. I don't know who is more annoyed at this - me or Brody. As I was moving the bookshelf (including ALL the books) from our bedroom to the guest bedroom (aka Lindsay's room this coming weekend), I ran across a book I remember reading as a child on sleepovers at Grandma and Grandpa Little's house. I think the one I read was my dad's that he read as a child, but now I have my own. The book is entitled "CDB" by William Steig. It is full of letters, numbers and the occasional ampersand, but no actual words spelled out. If you read it out loud, the sentences make perfect sense! I took a break from moving all the books, sat on the floor and read it. The following one made me laugh as this very thing happened to us just last Sunday.
Poor Brody. My friend Kareoke Jen told me this means that some hormone is VERY present in my body, which in turn, means great things for the baby. I am definitely grateful I haven't had any morning sickness yet, so I suppose I'll just have to put up with the unwarranted tears. :o)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow, I guess I've been longer than I thought on checking in on everybody's blogs. YOUR'RE PREGNANT!? That's so awesome! I don't know how your PMS is/was, but mine can get scary sometimes. I joke with Gary that the reason I'm not pregnant yet is that Heavenly Father knows that neither one of us could survive the outcome of all those hormones surging through my body! Hehe. Yeah, I was a little weirded out when I pulled up your blog. What the? Congrats.

tiffunny said...

my mom has those books - i love them. It took me a bit to figure that one out though. I guess i'm rusty at my "reading skills" right now.