Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Play time & Cookies

Sometimes the dogs get bored with being indoors. As I was talking on the phone to my sister, the "kids" (as we like to call them) were taunting each other by taking a toy they knew the other one liked out of the toy basket and throwing it around in front of each other. Of course, this led to a little play fighting. I wanted to get some video of them taunting each other, but I was too late for that. So for now, here is a little clip of them playing together. At least they're quiet. Can't say that for any kids we have who will be fighting a few years down the road. We'll probably just sit calmly by and let them fight whilst we videotape them too. Hee hee.


The kids love their cookies - and they know that word when they hear it. They will prance around and sit down quickly and be on their best behavior cuz they just love those things. About a month ago, I taught them how to shake. It took Bostyn a little bit longer to learn than Emmitt, but she got it. One thing she does better than Emmitt, though, is holding still (pretty much the only time she will...) with a cookie in between her eyes until we say "okay" and she can flip it off her face and catch in midair in her mouth. Emmitt HATES that and won't hold still so he has to shake instead. We have to give Emmitt his cookie first and watch Bostyn cuz she scarfs (sp?) her down and tries to get his. Pardon my heavy breathing. I've been way congested and sick since last night. I can't really breathe or talk very well.

3 comments:

The land of Vegas said...

You are getting this blogging thing down. I love the cookie treats video. They are really great dogs I mean kids.

Lindsay Driscoll said...

Your kids are so cute. Now if only you could teach Brody to do that. haha.

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Your husband looks so familiar in the top picture. Did he go to Bonanza?