Saturday, September 6, 2008

Accomplished and Productive

I am the type of person who, if I can have a list of things to do and cross things off that list, will feel like I accomplished something worthwhile and didn't just waste hours and hours of a perfectly good Saturday. Sometimes I'll even write down things I did in my planner, just so I can cross them off! Not that anyone cares, but I have spent all day (so far) in my pajamas cleaning the house and doing a few other things that needed to get done. Now I feel like I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. Here's my list:

- Make the bed (this doesn't happen every day)
- Take dogs out for their morning bathroom break/play time
- Laundry (whites, colors, towels, hand wash)
- Sweep both bathrooms and the kitchen
- Reorganize things in master bathroom
- Fix toilet paper holders in both bathrooms
- Clean toilets (sort of...)
- Move tools and junk from living room to garage
- Vacuum the whole house (except the guest bedroom which we still can't get into)
- Fix cushions and pillows on couch and chair
- Check e-mail, Fabebook & Myspace (usually a daily occurance)
- Watch an episode of "Angel" while eating breakfast
- Hand wash a few dishes
- Run dishwasher
- Unload dishwaser
- Update my piano policies and contract
- E-mail policies and contract to prospective students
- Put things in D.I. pile out in storage room off patio

Now, you might think this is silly. It probably is. But now I can get out of my pajamas and shower and look forward to the rest of my day. Brody should be home from work soon, we'll take the dogs out and get ready for our date. Dinner and the Las Vegas Philharmonic. Brody doesn't have to work tomorrow so being out so late won't be too bad. We still have to get up early to be to church at 9, but it will be nice for me to spend tomorrow with him in a clean house without worrying about a whole bunch of things to do. If I feel like it, I'll tackle another project (like the spare room with the rest of the wedding presents we need to find a place for, or even get started on thank you cards). If I don't, I'll lounge around with Brody. Or maybe even read...

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

you did all that before breakfast?! wow you're good! Gotta agree with you though, I can't relax properly unless I know my house is clean and everything is in order.

Lindsay Driscoll said...

Soo...when are you coming over to do all that stuff at my house?? :-D I know it's Sunday, but I need to get some laundry done and pick up the house a bit. Oh, and I love how you had to put "Check myspace, facebook, and email" on your to do list. Like it's SUCH a chore. hehe

jen and brody said...

Now, my dear sister... I didn't say they were ALL chores. I don't count checking all my websites a chore. Hee hee. And I actually like vacuuming. Especially since we have a cool vacuum that picks up all the dog hair. There's a lot of it. And about coming to your house? After the baby is born. :o)