Monday, July 6, 2009

Doctor Visit

Today was the two week check up! Little Miss Hazel Rebekah is now a whopping 6 pounds, 8 ounces - guess my boob juice is working! It took a few days, but we stuck together and figured the whole nursing thing out. She has grown to 20 3/4 inches long and her head is 14 inches around. She growing like a week already and getting cuter and cuter every day.

She certainly did not enjoy getting her blood drawn out of her heel and she let us know it! That was the angriest scream she's ever let out so far. I'm sure it won't be the last one, though, with us as her parents...

We've been blessed with a super good baby. She hardly cries, unless she's hungry and then, wow, does she let us know it! I don't have to set an alarm at night to wake her up to eat anymore - she's my alarm now. We enjoy seeing her smile in her sleep and make all sorts of interesting faces. She still looks like her daddy (especially those grumpy faces) and her dad just adores her. She goes with me almost everywhere I go. She's so used to hearing my piano students that she just falls asleep during my lessons.

Last night her daddy stayed up with her (though she did not stay up with him) so I could get some uninterrupted sleep. I'm usually pretty tired so I don't have a problem sleeping, but I love that she has lots of time with her dad. He's very involved and willing to help out. Well, until it comes to diaper duty. Haha. He has changed diapers before, but is more than happy to pass her over to her mom to get changed. I don't mind.

I am having fun playing mom for real and especially love not having to give her back to someone else. We all enjoy our visitors and she gets passed around a lot since everyone wants to hold her. I love sharing her since I get her when no one is around.

We are also excited for her best friend to arrive tonight! Kaeli and Michael are in the hospital right now getting Izzy out into the world. We can't wait to see her and visit with Michael and Kaeli.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so stoked for you! It's fun to read all this stuff now that I can relate! Before I had my own, it was just blah blah blah to read about others' babies. Now I love it! The fun has only just begun!

The land of Vegas said...

I don't think the sleep worked. She is growing like a week and is very cuter. I'm just teasing you. I love the new header picture. You are going to have to get pictures of Izzy and her together.