Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy One Month Birthday, Hazel!

I can't believe that my little monkey is one month old! It has gone by so fast. She gets more beautiful every day and I am still in awe that I finally have a baby. Heck, I'm still in awe that I have a husband. He's such a good dad, by the way, and loves his little girl. He helps out a lot, even when I don't ask him to. He's changed lots of diapers and there have been quite a few nights he has taken her and stayed up all night so I can sleep.

Last night was the first night I felt like I didn't get enough sleep. She has been such a good sleeper - she even slept for 6 hours straight on two different nights! But last night it was as if she had an alarm set for every three hours - on the dot! She must be going through a growth spurt. She got so fussy tonight that I went ahead and fed her after only two hours, which I haven't done before. First I gave her a bath and a little massage to calm her down, then she ate like I've never fed her before. Haha. As I type this, she is making little noises in her sleep - but she is sleeping, so that's good. I should be sleeping too!

She loves to be wrapped up like a burrito so she's toasty warm. She does NOT like to be cold, but she'll struggle and struggle to get her hands out so she can put them by her face. Then she wakes up and cries cuz she's cold. When she's ready to be awake and happy, she loves loves loves to stretch and stretch. And stretch. She grunts when she stretches and pulls the funniest faces. Sometimes it takes her at least five minutes before she's done stretching and waking up. One of these days I'm going to get the video camera out and capture those cute faces.

I can't wait for her to give me the smile that will tell me she recognizes me for sure. She smiles a lot, but most of the time it's as she's waking up or falling asleep and they are twitches that are happening at the same time her eyes are rolling in the back of her head. She has a big, beautiful smile.

I love being a mom and I'm having lots of fun. I love my little monkey.

4 comments:

Perry Family said...

It's very fun having a newborn! The only not fun part is not sleeping. I read "Baby Wise" and it helped me set a good sleeping schedule to get them sleeping through the night as early as 7 weeks old.
Hazel is beautiful!

Nicole said...

Don't ever post again without updated pictures! ;o)

Michael and Kaeli said...

I <3 babies :) Especially our babies...hehe

iknowjewels said...

THanks for having us today. On the car ride home, Jason still wouldn't tell me the joke. He said it was "guy talk" which apparently is sacred. haha

Flattered that the bunny is in the cute profile picture. I hope some turned out for today. Good luck on the sleeping.