Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's official - I look funny!

1/4/08 - 15 1/2 weeks
(And I'm standing up as straight as possible
and thinking about trying to suck it in!)

I am no longer trying to suck my stomach in. It's just too hard to do - even just thinking about it makes me tired. For the longest time (well, duh, not too long since I'm only three months along) I just felt like I was getting thicker and, at the same time, also tried to convince myself that it was just wishful thinking. Of course, as my sister is about two weeks from her due and tired of being big and pregnant, I also try to remind myself that I need to be patient in waiting for a cute prego belly. I gave up long ago on the weekly photos like Lindsay did, cuz, quite frankly, I did not start off with as nice a stomach as she did, so this is my first official belly picture and maybe I'll do them more than once every three months.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay! It made me feel so much better when I started showing for real and didn't just feel gooey! You look so cute! Do you find out what it is next appointment?

Lindsay Driscoll said...

Dearest Sister,

You have always looked funny. But now you have the cute beginnings of a baby bump. YAY!!! Enjoy the 2nd trimester belly. I liked it back then. Now it's growing out of control and taking over everything. AHHH!!!!

Love, Sister

PS~You should totally come up here in a few weeks so you can help clean my house...I mean see my baby! :)

jen and brody said...

Nicole - Not at this appointment. Or at any other appointment if I get my way!

Lulu - Don't worry, the baby will be done taking over your body soon enough and will move on to taking over your life! Buahahaha!

P.S. I think I will! How's the 3rd weekend in February?

tiffunny said...

I love cute little baby bellies. Enjoy it while it's still cute though. there comes a point where it doesn't seem so cute anymore !

-KJ said...

WHAT EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! You are still so tiny!!! You look so great. I can't wait to see you in 4 months! I love your teeny tiny bump.

Unknown said...

You are so tiny still! But what a cute little prego belly! You are just like my two friends at work. They are a week apart from each other and are always comparing their bellies. I think it's really cute. :)

crystal said...

Congrats you guys!