Thursday, January 22, 2009

Belly Updates...


Just for fun I decided I would put a picture of my sister and I side by side (that was a pain in the BUTT since I don't understand html codes) to show our baby bumps at the same time. These are our 16 week pictures, mine from January 12, 2009, and hers from August 7, 2008. I am 18 weeks today and need to get another picture soon. Lindsay is obviously much bigger right now and back at the hospital for the THIRD time after being in labor for a day and a half. She is only dilated to 1 cm and she and Chris are pretty darn tired.

We (our family) kept teasing her yesterday and telling her that she should just wait until our Dad's birthday (which is today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!) so Cooper and his Grandpa would have the same birthday, but we weren't actually serious! Now we're hoping she'd just hurry up and have that baby today for her sake and for the fun of them having the same birthday.

My mom is in the car, driving up to help Lindsay this weekend and see her newest grandbaby. I talked to her early this morning and she said she'd rather Lindsay hurry and have the baby and not wait for her to actually get all the way up to Quincy. Mom was the same way with Lindsay - contractions very close together for a long time, but not dilating. Poor Lindsay. And poor Chris. In about 5 months or less I will know how they are feeling.

I am so excited to go see her next month and hold that cute, little baby boy while she takes lots of naps so she can feel more rested. I am also excited to see their new house. My baby bump will definitely be bigger by the time I go in four weeks and Lindsay is excited to rub my Buddha belly.

I swear it just popped out even more the other day! It's so weird. I just stand sideways in front of the mirror and look at my funny shaped body and smile. Some people say I'm not showing at all. They are all crazy! I may be small at this point, but I'm pretty sure that ever since puberty, my boobs have ALWAYS stuck out farther than my belly. Promise. Now, it's the opposite. Even at my fattest, I don't think I've ever been this big around!

Hopefully Cooper will join us in this world today and Lindsay can get some rest. I'm so excited and have to refrain from calling her every five seconds to see how she's doing. That's the last thing she needs right now and I trust Chris to do his job and take care of her.

5 comments:

GordonandChrissy said...

You look so cute! And I feel so bad for Lindsay. That is really rough. Hopefully he'll come quickly today so they can welcome in their cute little babe. That is so exciting! It's amazing.

Lara said...

You look too cute! I hope your sis has her baby soon too, that is so hard to have to have a long labor...I would know (21 hrs Ugh!) anyway, I hope all turns out well! I can't wait to hear what your having!

Brittany said...

So you never posted the final verdict on whether you or your hubby won the "finding out" arguement. Did you convince Brody to wait until the birth or are you going to be picking out colors sooner? A compromise? He'll know, you won't? Let us know! Because if you find out, you have to tell us!

The land of Vegas said...

I love the comparing. That is cool. I feel so bad for her. I want to know the verdict too about if you are going to find out or not.

McKeehan Family said...

Your baby belly is too cute!! I am so excited for you guys!