Friday, October 10, 2008

A Tornado Has Hit My House and More About the Dogs

As you can tell by my background, I have felt like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. I got caught in a tornado and that Wicked Witch just flew around laughing at me! It picked up my house and shook it until everything got taken out of it's proper place and randomly landed throughout each room.

My house is a disaster.

To get ready for my sister's visit/baby shower/birthday party next month, I had to (finally) gut the spare bedroom so she wouldn't have to sleep on the couch. It has been filled with wedding stuff and wedding presents for quite some time. (I haven't even started Thank You cards - aaahh!) So all the presents got hauled out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. They stayed there for quite a while until I stacked them in the hall so we could actually use the kitchen. We took the duplicate presents back to Target and bought a few more things from our registry that we didn't get for the wedding.

I started cleaning and rearranging the spare bedroom so I can move Brody's desk out where the kitchen table is holding the computer so the kitchen table can go in the garage. (We don't sit at the dinner table - that's why we have TV trays!) Then I'll move my desk from the laundry room to the spare bedroom, and the bookshelf from the master bedroom to the spare bedroom. I also need to clean both bathrooms (deep clean - they are gross) so I can put away all the new towels and rugs and hang the new shower rod and curtain in the guest bathroom - I'm sure Lindsay would love to be able to have her own bathroom and I would love to have a functioning guest bathroom instead of a dog room. Once the bathrooms get cleaned and my desk is moved, I can move the dog kennel into the laundry room along with both dogs' bowls and water dish. When we bring Brody's fridge over, it will take the place of my fridge in the kitchen and my fridge will get moved into the laundry room to become the "Drink and Storage Fridge" and I don't know where we'll put the dog kennel.

So basically, I have a million projects and most of them require another project being done before I can get to the one I really want to work on. So I'm just trying to keep my head about water and get all the regular things done as well as everything else that gets thrown at me on a daily basis, on top of all the projects I have to do. Thankfully, my hubby got working on his "Honey-Do" list this week and I sure am grateful he is such a handy man. He put a light in the living room, backed up the computer and yesterday he tried to put the new curtains up over the sliding glass door. That has been put on hold until we find curtains that are long enough - the ones we bought are too short.

Since Brody thinks this is more of a Dog Blog (maybe I should start one just for them...), I have to mention my two adorable and energetic kids. I substituted on Wednesday and Thursday of this week and got wonderful "Why did you leave us for so long, Mom?" greetings upon my return. Emmitt usually isn't so needy, but I think he's been spoiled having me home during the day whilst Dad is working and he demanded my attention for quite a while. Bostyn is her usual psychotic self; the giddyness of seeing me again just lasted a little longer than normal.

They are getting better at listening and doing what they are supposed to do. Today Emmitt had an appointment at the groomers so we went for a fun ride in the car to drop him off. They were so excited to go for a ride in the car. They love to put their heads out the window and feel the air go up their noses. Haha. Bostyn wasn't happy about being at PetSmart cuz she didn't want to stay and it was Emmitt's first time at that location so he was a little hesitant. But he went in all right and Bostyn then proceeded to get upset that her friend was leaving and she couldn't go with him. As soon as we got home, she searched the house for Emmitt and when she didn't see him, she decided to just be lazy for a while and went to lay down.

My latest goal is to teach them to hold things in their mouth when we want them to. That way they will learn to bring us things and, ultimately, maybe throw things away for us when we don't want to get up. This might take years. Haha. Emmitt doesn't like holding things in his mouth upon command and Bostyn is a little slow when it comes to learning something new. They are both stubborn, just like their parents.

I have now spent entirely too much time updating the blog, but it needed to be done. I only have a few hours to work on the tornado before my hubby comes home to give me his weekly paycheck. I just love him for that. And I'm pretty sure he just loves me for taking it and getting all his bills paid so he doesn't have to. That's just how we roll when it comes to money.

2 comments:

The land of Vegas said...

Ha! Dog Blog. I like it.

Britni said...

lol i also love the dog blogs lol