Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hitting the Halfway Mark!

We've made it halfway! Woot woot!

I was 20 weeks today and had the BIG ultrasound appointment. Even though I told Brody I was going to keep it a secret from everyone, including him, I didn't want him to miss out on such a big occasion so I told him when it was so he could come with me. I'm glad he was there; after all, he IS my baby's daddy, no matter how many times he tells people we don't know who the father is.

We have a lot of awesome pictures of our little alien baby, but it is late and I will have to scan and post them another day. We also were able to take video of the first part of the ultrasound, which I will also post later.

My favorite thing was seeing how much the baby was moving and watching him (for all intents and purposes, I will refer to the baby as "he" rather than "it" because Brody is hoping for a boy, but we did NOT find out what it was) yawn and stick his tongue out at us. That was pretty much awesome. I know he's part of my side of the family if he stuck his tongue out at the camera! Haha.

The technician was nice enough to do a gender check (while Brody and I closed our eyes) and took a picture, which she then sealed up in an envelope just so we could have it. I asked Brody if he was secretly mad at me for not wanting to find out and he said yes, so it's really not much of a secret anymore. I know his family is mad at me as well. My family doesn't care. I think my parents are just glad they are still getting more grandkids! I am just excited for more motivation to get this kid out of me when the time comes. I told my sister I would have to think back to this day when I was having contractions and remember how excited I was to see our baby's cute little nose in a profile. You'll get to see it soon enough, but for now, it is time for bed.

I love my baby.

And my baby's daddy.

7 comments:

Katie Morgan said...

It is so worth it to wait!! The fact that I didn't know motivated me to want to do everything I could to push the baby out. Unfortunately I didn't get to push...I had a c-section, but it was just a special seeing Neil tell me the gender of the baby, especially since it was a boy!

Nicole said...

You look so good!!!! I hate that you're not finding out, but. . .who am I? Haha!

Brittany said...

Wow, time flies . . . . especially since I'm not the one pregnant. I swear it seems like you'll be popping out your little person next week at this rate. Very cool.

tiffunny said...

I'm so proud of you for not finding out. And you'll love having the picture to look at later after the baby is born.

Heidi Meadows said...

I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see the ultrasound pics/video. And all those people who are mad at you should just get over it. You are the mom, you reserve the right to make that decision. Don't let them make you feel guilty about it! Love you! :)

Perry Family said...

you've got a cute little bump going on!! having a baby is so great! I'm so excited for you guys! :)

iknowjewels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.