Monday, October 12, 2009

For. E. Ver.

Soooo much has happened in the last two months since I blogged last. I always have such lofty goals of catching up and letting everyone know about EVERYTHING that's happened. Then I get to the point I am at now - I give up. I'll just do a couple of things. Haha. So here's a couple of the highlights.

Here is Hazel Rebekah's two month picture for her baby calendar. That's not a crotch shot, by the way. If you look closely, you can see her Tweety band-aids from her shots. She was a trooper. That outfit was one her Daddy picked out so I put it on her for her two month birthday.


Here is the latest and greatest - my favorite so far. Her three month pictures. Thanks to our friend and awesome photographer, Louie Traub (louietraub.com) for taking such beautiful pictures of our daughter. I swear she gets more adorable every day. If you look closely at these pictures, you can see we pierced her ears. For all those who think we are oh, so cruel, just know she was more upset at being stabbed in her legs with a needle for her vaccines.


This is a picture of us as a family who would only be together for the time here on earth. San Diego is one of my favorite temples and since we got married civilly, I wanted to go here to get sealed. We got sealed on our monkey's 3 month birthday and she got to wear her blessing dress again. She filled it out much better this time.


This is our first picture as a forever family. We went back to the temple grounds the next day and there was a cute old couple serving their mission. The Elder offered to take some pictures for us. A huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders now that we have made this important step in our lives. It was a long wait which we knew would happen since we chose to get married civilly, but it finally happened and we couldn't be happier.


I'm so blessed to have such an awesome husband who works so hard to provide for his family and is the most amazing father ever. He never complains about spending time with his daughter and was my saving grace many times when he told me he would take Bekki (as he calls her) for the night to let me sleep. He's changed lots of diapers and is introducing her to the world of sports by watching football with her. He has taken her many times on some of his errands and though I feel left out, I just tell myself to get over it and try to get as much accomplished as possible in their absence.

We couldn't have been blessed with a better baby. Our little monkey is so good and hasn't had any real problems. We know we are so lucky to have gotten pregnant so quickly and then continue through the pregnancy, labor and delivery with no serious complications. She has been a perfectly healthy and happy baby. She's a good sleeper and a good eater and has the sweetest disposition. She has her moments when she's overly tired, but I'll take those moments too. She is very active and loves to babble and tell stories. She smiles so much - I love her smile! We are finally getting comments on how she's starting to look like me, but I still think she looks more like her daddy. She's beautiful either way.

Our dogs continue to be amazing. Sometimes they bark too loudly when they shouldn't and wake Hazel up. Most of the time, they make us chuckle as they play together and get excited for a cookie or treat. They are great with the baby and will probably become some of her best friends.

9 comments:

Lindsay Driscoll said...

I love her. And you. I can see how Hazel looks like you. :) Especially in that picture of you three in front of the temple when you got sealed. :)

Perry Family said...

Congrats on your temple sealing. How wonderful that your little baby girl could be there! She's adorable! And your man is great for taking her through the night sometimes!! (mine doesn't do the night thing!! :)

Jon and Becky said...

I love it!!! Congrats! I knew you guys would and I'm so glad you've done it! Isn't it amazing? I can only imagine how incredible it must have been to have your sweet little baby there with you. I'm really happy for you guys!

MC Lewis said...

I love the San Diego Temple. One day I will go and seet it. Congrats on getting sealed. I am sure it was very speacial for you!

The land of Vegas said...

nice background, nice pictures, nice family, nice relatives (by relatives I'm speaking of me of course).

Katie Morgan said...

Same thing with my hubby and I. We were married civilly here in Vegas, in my parents backyard, and then on our 3 year anniversary, when Parker was 3 months old, we were sealed in the Salt Lake temple. Amazing experience!!! Congrats!

-KJ said...

I meant to tell you congrats a long time ago! We were out of town and I was too lazy to get on someone else's computer. Anyway, so glad you guys had a great experience!

iknowjewels said...

I like the update, its nice to write down those moments and feelings so that when we are old and senile, we will read about how nice you used to be. And by old, I mean Brody's age.

Michael and Kaeli said...

I believe this needs updated again Jennnnnnnn :)